Terms & Conditions
Vehicle Road Tax (VED) is due to change for some new vehicles registered on or after April 1st 2020. Vehicles registered from this date may be subject to increased VED rates which could affect the monthly rental on your lease quotation. The Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) is a new, more accurate measuring process to determine a vehicles fuel consumption, range & CO2 emissions. This new testing procedure better reflects real driving conditions, however, this could impact on the cost of road tax. If your vehicle is likely to be registered on or after April 1st 2020, please clarify further with your account manager.
Use of the Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing Website
- This website is owned & managed by Rivervale Cars Ltd, whose primary place of business is Rivervale House, 50 Victoria Road, Portslade, Brighton, East Sussex, BN41 1XB. Our website is subject to these Terms & Conditions.
- Please read our Terms & Conditions thoroughly. If you use our website you are deemed to have accepted the Terms & Conditions as acceptable & have entered into a legally binding contract. If you order a vehicle from us you will have to accept our Terms & Conditions. If you do not wish to accept our Terms & Conditions please terminate use of our website.
- We reserve the right, at any time to change our Terms & Conditions which will become effective immediately upon posting to the website. Any use of ‘us’ ‘our’ & ‘we’ means Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing. Any use of ‘you’ means the user of the website.
Information on Our Website
- All IP (Intellectual Property) rights relating to any website text or information, any design within the website, source code, software & all other material relating to our website are owned by Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing unless acknowledged by us.
- You are not permitted to alter, reproduce or copy any of the content of our website without explicit prior consent from us.
- At no point does any information found in our Terms & Conditions constitute an agreement to copy of use any of the information found on our website.
Vehicle Specification & Information
- All vehicle specification & information shown on our website is supplied by the vehicle manufacturers to CAP & is manipulated by us for our website use. Although we make every effort to make sure that all data is correct, the information should be used as a guide only & you should not base your decision to hire, lease or purchase a vehicle without checking the data & information with a manufacturer or franchised dealership. Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing will not be liable for any inaccuracies in any information contained on the website & are therefore not liable for any loss or damage arising from such information contained on our website.
- Any images shown or used on our website are for illustration purposes only.
- Any website is vulnerable to vandalism & us such we do not accept any responsibility for any information shown as a result of this sort of action.
- Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing reserve the right to change any information shown on the website without prior notice.
- Some diesel cars will be fitted with a Diesel Particulate Filter, please click here to view further information to ensure that a vehicle fitted with a DPF meets your requirements.
- Technical data on the website for Electric Vehicles (EV’s) is the WLTP data provided via the vehicle manufacturer to CAP. Please be aware that data such as “vehicle range” may be impacted by weather conditions & driving style. Rivervale Cars Limited accept no liability for variances in actual performance from the manufacturers stated data. Independent research should be conducted prior to making a decision to lease an EV.
- Business leasing prices shown exclude VAT.
- Personal leasing prices shown include VAT.
- Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing reserve the right to change the price of any vehicle at any point, before or after an order has been subjected. We will always notify you of any change & give you the right to withdraw your order in such situation.
- All prices shown on the website are for illustration purposes only & are not an offer to you. We will supply you with a correct quotation at time of ordering for acceptance by you.
- A deposit may be required by you prior to acceptance of your order. Cancellation may result in charges incurred by Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing & may result in loss of your deposit.
- Should the rate of VAT change between the acceptance of an order by Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing & the delivery of such ordered vehicle, payments will be adjusted accordingly.
- We reserve the right to alter rentals in line with money costs (interest rate fluctuations), manufacturer's price changes & any residual value & maintenance reviews which take place from time to time.
- Acceptance is subject to final credit approval which will be at our sole discretion & to you completing all documents required in connection with this transaction.
Any P11d Value quoted is based on the details available at the time of preparing the quotation. The actual P11d value will be set once the vehicle has been delivered & the registration document is issued by the DVLA
Unless otherwise stated, all advertised prices include;
- Road Fund Licence for the entire agreement at CURRENT rate (if applicable)
- Delivery by the franchised dealer to your chosen UK mainland delivery address. If your delivery address incurs any additional delivery costs, Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing reserve the right to charge these on to you. We will inform you of any such charges prior to delivery
- Vehicle Number Plates
- DVLA Vehicle Registration Charges
- Quoted prices may be dependent on vehicle colour. This can be based on different vehicle residual values calculated by the vehicle leasing / finance company, or may be just dependent on available stock.
- An order subjected by you to us is an acceptance for us to obtain the ordered vehicle at the price initially quoted, similar to that of the advertised price.
- Following an initial application, you will give us permission to carry out a credit check on you or your company. If you have applied on behalf of a company, you will be agreeing that you have permission to grant us authority to credit search the company. Once an application has been approved an order will be created for you to view & accept.
- An order does not create a contract between Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing & you. Your order gives us permission to search for & acquire the requested vehicle in the correct specification, colour & price agreed. You must enter into a financial agreement with the relevant leasing / finance company. You are not committed to any such lease until the leasing/finance agreement has been signed by you & executed by the leasing / finance company.
- We have the right to cancel any such order should the required vehicle not be obtainable.
Cancellation Charges (only applicable to Public Limited Companies & Limited Companies)
Should you cancel your order, Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of £500 plus VAT (only applicable to Public Limited Companies & Limited Companies).
Customer Order Price Protection (COPP)
Once a vehicle order is placed & contracted in the customer’s name with the respective manufacturer, most manufacturers will offer COPP. This will ensure that based on extended delivery timescales, the order will not be subject to any further price increases or rental changes once contracts have been completed.
However, there are certain manufacturers who do NOT offer COPP, & therefore should the vehicle be subject to a price increase whilst awaiting the vehicle to be built (or in some cases be built as a revised model year specification), this cost will be passed on to the customer & the lease rental requoted. Alternatively, you will be able to cancel the vehicle order without cost in these instances.
Manufacturers who offer COPP can change on a regular basis, so please speak to your account manager for any further clarification required.
Registration & Delivery
- Upon receipt of any correctly completed financial documents, proofs & any applicable payments, Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing will arrange free of charge delivery (driven) of your chosen vehicle to your chosen UK Mainland delivery address.
- If your delivery address incurs any additional delivery costs (for example Northern Ireland), Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing reserve the right to charge these on to you. We will inform you of any such charges prior to delivery.
- All vehicles are driven from the Franchised Dealer to your chosen delivery address. Should you require the vehicle to be transported (on a trailer / transporter) you will need to request this. An additional charge will be incurred from this which will be charged onto you once agreed by you.
- Initial delivery dates & lead times are estimates only & we are not bound by any date quoted. Any delivery date can be subject to change by the relevant manufacturer & Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing has no influence over such dates. We will not accept any losses or damages incurred by any such delay caused by a manufacturer.
- Please be aware that any compulsory ‘cooling off’ periods are enforced by the leasing / finance companies & Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing will not delivery a vehicle until such ‘cooling off’ period has expired. We will inform you of this date prior to booking a delivery date.
- Any vehicle subject to a lease or financial agreement will require proof of insurance before a delivery can take place. Please be aware that the insurance certificate must show the hirer/purchaser as the main policy holder or a named driver on the insurance policy.
- Due to the nature of the industry some of our special offers may be based on PREREGISTERED vehicles. Where a vehicle is pre-registered it is offered with the balance of manufacturer’s warranty from the actual date the vehicle was registered. In some instances this may be shorter than the length of your chosen lease contract.
Excess Mileage Charges
- Excess mileage charges can vary from each leasing/finance company. Any charges relating to excess mileage on your requested contract will be provided in advance for you to accept.
- In the event of an early termination of a contract hire agreement, there are likely to be early termination charges payable. This will be a figure charged by the respective leasing company in relation to terminating the contract mid-term & collecting the respective vehicle. In this event you can request this figure in writing. The early termination figure will not necessarily negate any pro-rata excess mileage charges or damage rectification costs.
Damage Recharge Costs
- When a vehicle has been on lease & is handed back to the leasing / finance company, damage re-charge costs can be incurred. For more information on the BVRLA guidelines to fair wear & tear please visit their website http://www.bvrla.co.uk/Advice_and_Guidance/Fair_wear_and_tear_standard s.aspx
In Car Connected Services
- Many leasing companies have taken the decision to OPT OUT of manufacturers “In Car Connected Services”, & subsequently do not allow connected services to be activated in their vehicles. These services can conflict with their own offerings surrounding Breakdown / Roadside Assistance, Maintenance / Servicing & Tyre replacement. All of their pricing is based on the fact that the connected services WILL NOT be activated, whether or not these services are a standard feature of the vehicle concerned. No rental reduction or refund will be payable for the non-activation of these services.
Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP)
Orders with Rivervale are subject to amendments & specification adjustments following the implementation of the new WLTP guidelines. These may affect both recorded fuel consumption guideline figures (mpg), Electric Vehicle mileage ranges, Plug-in-Hybrid battery ranges, battery charging times, performance figures, servicing intervals, CO2 emissions & taxation classes. The changes may also impact on costs to annual Road Fund Licences, Benefit in Kind & subsequent monthly rentals quoted.
- Rivervale Contract Hire & Leasing operate a ‘no hidden charges’ policy. We do not charge any kind of documentation or administration fee unless otherwise stated. Please be aware that if you are charged a documentation or administration fee by a competitor, it is likely to be used as extra income for that competitor.
Rivervale Cars Limited operate as an independent leasing broker & a used vehicle retailer. We are not a lender. We do not provide independent financial advice. We may receive commission & / or quality derived bonus for introducing you to one of our panel of leasing companies or finance providers.
It is our aim to provide & extremely high standard of service to every client that we have. It is very important that any complaint you may have is directly back to us as soon as possible so that we can work to resolve the problem in an agreeable fashion.
If you have any kind of complaint please either contact us by telephone or in writing with the following information;
- Full name & contact information
- Your agreement details
- Full details of your complaint
- What you would like us to do to help the situation
- Copies of any relevant paperwork
Please contact us with your complaint on 01273 433480 or by email email@example.com